Lou -1lb = 8.5lb to go. Jo +1lb = 10lbs to go
It’s great to lose weight but frustrating when the numbers are not dropping off the way you want it to. I was on the edge of giving up but after talking to my fitness mentors they showed me I needed a change…..something to shock my body.
Sitting at home all day eating healthy does not make your body lose weight, so this morning I went on a 5k run. Although I done this many times, this morning I struggled, wanted to give up…..but some how I kept going. Change is not easy but sometimes our body and mind needs something different to keep us awake. I bought myself a Dyson so will be cleaning every corner of my property this week (looking forward to blasting my carpets LOL), remember housework is a another form of exercise at a minimal cost.
Going to make one of my favorite recipes this week
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 45 minutes
2 large onions, sliced
568ml/1pt chicken stock
2 tsp turmeric
3 cardamom pods
1 x 2.5cm/1in piece cinnamon stick
4 black peppercorns
1 tsp ground coriander
1 tbsp peeled and grated root ginger
1 tsp ground cumin
½ tsp mild chilli powder
3 garlic cloves, crushed
4 x 1135 skinless and boneless chicken breasts, sliced
283g/10oz fat free natural yogurt, bought to room temperature
2 tbsp chopped coriander leaves, to garnish
1. Put the onion and 426ml/¾ pt of the chicken stock in a large, heavy-based saucepan. Cover the pan, bring to the boil and then boil for 10 minutes. Reduce the heat, uncover the pan and cook gently for 20 minutes, until the onion is tender, golden and syrupy.
2. Add all the spices and garlic to the pan, and cook for 3-4 minutes. Then add the chicken and cook for a few minutes to coat in the spices, then stir in the remaining chicken stock.
3. Cover the pan and simmer very gently over a medium heat for 20 minutes until the chicken is cooked.
4. Transfer the curry to a large serving bowl. Add 4 tbsp of the cooking sauce to the yogurt and stir well. Gradually add the yogurt into the curry, stirring continuously.
5. Season to taste with salt, and serve immediately with boiled rice (Free on Extra Easy and Green or 2 Syns per 28g/1oz boiled on Original), and garnish with the chopped coriander.