Wow what a week its been, trying to stay away from chocolate has been sooooo difficult. Although I bought Milkyway stars multipack as a treat, I also bought Wispa mini bites…..which was a BIG mistake as they are so moreish.
Exercise has definitely been a big help this week, Zumba and the other Fitness classes I have attended has kept me off the sofa and doing something. With Race for Life coming up soon I will be increasing my training.
Outside of snacks and fitness, I have also been cooking my meals, which has helped fill my hunger pains. A new Slimming World recipe I made this week was Spicy Chicken as it’s a great alternative for KFC chicken.
8 chicken drumsticks, skinned
2 tbsp paprika
2 tsp turmeric
6 tbsp dark soy sauce
2 tbsp garlic salt
2 tsp ground ginger
4 tbsp white wine vinegar
6 large baking potatoes, peeled and cut into chips
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
2 carrots, peeled and coarsely grated
¼ white cabbage, finely shredded
4 level tbsp extra light mayonnaise
Juice of 1 lemon
2 tbsp fat-free natural fromage frais
400g can baked beans
1. Slash the flesh of each drumstick a few times and place in a large bowl. Mix the spices, soy sauce, garlic salt, ginger and vinegar, then pour over the drumsticks, making sure they’re evenly coated. Cover and leave to marinate in the fridge for 6-8 hours.
2. Preheat your oven to 200°C/400°F/Gas 6. Place the chicken on a baking tray lined with baking parchment. Cook for 30-35 minutes, or until cooked through.
3. Meanwhile, boil the chips in a pan for 4-5 minutes. Drain, then replace the lid and steam dry. Shake the pan to roughen up the edges. Put on a non-stick baking tray and season. Spray with Fry Light and bake for 20-25 minutes.
4. Mix the carrots, cabbage, mayonnaise, lemon juice and fromage frais to make the coleslaw. Stir, season, then cover and chill until needed. Heat the beans through in a small pan.
5. Serve the chicken with a pot of coleslaw and the chips and beans on the side.